The major functions of the Library Committee:
The Library Committee has responsibility of planning and the upkeep and future development of the College Library also the purchase of the books for the Library. It reviews the regulations that governs the use of the Library and all the other matters concerning the Library like borrowing of books and disciplinary matters.
- Formulations various policies that are related to library such as collection development, purchase, space etc.
- To present library budget for the Institutes and department
- To present library activities, programmes and services
- To present library vision, strategy document
- To present library and information literacy in the institute
- Formulation of knowledge and information achieving and management policy for the institute
The roles and responsibilities of the Purchase Committee:
A Purchase Committee comprises of designated staff for independent review and also evaluation of purchasing documentation, whose important role is to recommend the appropriate supplier or the service provider based on price, good quality, stock availability and references etc. Purchase Committees must be established and managed properly by the Chief Executive of the organization and have the ultimate responsibility for successful outcome of the evaluation process. For all Purchase Committee meetings, the Chief Executive must act as the chairperson with a non-voting role.
- Analysis of the quotations provided by the logistics department, and also provide recommendation for the approval by the person who signed the SR .
- To ensure that all the documentation is accurately completed.
- To ensure that supplies quoted for comply with what was requested on the SR.
- Seek clarification from the suppliers providers where it is necessary.
- To request any technical input from the relevant staff members as required.
- The person with authority to approve QEF has a query on the PC’s recommendation.
- The Purchase Committee should be assigned the role within the supplier pre-qualification process.
- Ensuring all the relevant documentation is properly prepared prior to Purchase Committee meeting.
The Admissions Committee is completely responsible for the graduate student admissions in the institute or the program. This committee develops contacts with all other relevant graduate admission committees with the important goal of identifying potential and liable candidates who will be more appropriate for the program. The admissions committee also endeavour’s identification of the applicants with the greatest likelihood of success in attaining the Ph.D. degree. Applicants who are interviewed or recruited are mostly identified by the committee.
Anti-Ragging Committee is the Supervisory and also Advisory Committee in preserving the Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the institute and Campus. The Anti-Ragging Squad bearers will work under the Supervision of Anti Ragging Committee and also to engage in all the works of checking places such as Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms and all other places of student congregation. Anti-Ragging Committee is involved in designing strategies and action planning for curbing the Menace of Ragging in the institute by adopting array of activities
- To comply with the directions of the Supreme Court and be vigilant on any acts amounting to ragging;
- To publicize to all students and directives and the all actions that must be taken against those indulging in ragging;
- Consideration the complaints that are received from the students and conduct enquiry and also submit report to the Anti- Ragging Committee with punishment that is recommended for the offenders;
- To obtain the undertaking from all the students in accordance with the provisions by committee.
- Conducting the workshops against ragging and orient the students;
- To provide students with information pertaining to contact with the address and telephone numbers.