The National cadet corps (NCC) has its genesis in the ‘University Corps’ which was created under the India Defence Act 1917 with the object to make up the shortage of the Army in 1920, when the Indian Territorial Act was passed, the ‘University Corps’ was replaced by the ‘University Training Corps (UTC) in 1942 the UTC was renamed as the University officers Training Corps (UDTC). The need to create a youth organization at National level to train the young boys and girls to be better citizens and future leaders of our great country in all walks of life, including Defence forces, was rightly realized by our leaders. A committee under Pandit HM Kunzru was set up in 1946 at the behest of our First Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The NCC Act XXXVI of 1948 under the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
The motto of the NCC is ‘Unity and Discipline’ which was adopted on 23rd December 1957 in living up to its motto the NCC strives to be and is one of the greatest cohesive forces of our nations, bringing together the youth hailing from different parts of our country and moulding them into united, secular and disciplined citizens of our nation.
Aims of N.C.C.
- To develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular outlook spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and selfless services among the youth to make then useful citizens.
- To create a Human resource of organized trained and motivated youth. To provide leadership in all walks of life, including the armed forces and be always available for the service of the nation.
- To create suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
Cardinals of N.C.C Discipline
- Obey with smile.
- Be Punctual.
- Work hard without fuss.
- Make to excuses and tell no lies.
Objectives of N.C.C. Discipline
- To develop character and personality.
- To develop self confidence.
- To build up physique and courage.
- To teach those subjects which will be useful during emergency and in day to day life
A unit of 54 cadets was established on 1990-91 in our college. At present we have a unit including cadets we try out level best to achieve the aims and targets of NCC. This is being done through different activities in our unit. We herewith enclose a report of activities done in our unit in last five years.,
Name of the Unit Institution : I.C.S. College, Khed, Ratnagiri.
Name of the Battalion : 19 MAH. BN. NCC. Khed
Name of the Group: Kolhapur Group
Name of the Directorate: Maharashra Directorate, Mumbai
Strength of the Boys Unit: (30% SW, 70%SD)
Capt. H.P. Thorat
Cadets Participation in various camps
Basic Monntainniring Treaking Camp (Kulu-Manali)
Ocean to Sky Treak (Goa)
All India Shivaji Trail Tracking Camp(Kolhapur to Vishalgad)
Army Attachment Camp (MIRC)(Ahamednager)
Pre Thal Sainik Camp(Kolhapur)
Pre Republic Day (Kolhapur)
Disaster Management Camp
Basic Leadership Camp(Vardha)
Combined Annual Training Camp (Karad)
Combined Annual Training Camp( Kolhapur)
Combined Annual Training Camp(Satara)
National Game Camp
Thal Sainik Camp (Kolhapur)
Thal Sainik Camp (Amravati)
Thal Sainik Camp (Aurangabad)
National Days Celebrated by NCC Unit
- Independence Day – 15th August.
- N.C.C. Day – 28th November.
- Republic Day – 26th January .
- World Yoga Day – 21th June.
- Blood Donation.
- National Pulse Polio Programme.
- Tree Plantation.
- Vijay Diwas Samaroh.
- N.C.C. Guest lecture.
- Traffic Control.
- Rallies and Awareness Programs regarding Current Issues.
- Gram Swachata Abhiyan
- Yoga Training Camp.
- Run for Republic Day.
- Cadets Join in Indian Army-14
- Cadet Join in Fire Brigade Mumbai-01
- Cadet Join in Indian Airlines-01
- Cadet Join in Central Reserve Police Force-01
- Cadet Join in Mumbai Police-02
1. SUO- Ashutosh Jadhav Participated in TSC upto 6th Stages.(Kolhapur, Amravati and Aurangabad)
2. SGT- Pankaj Kadam Participated in TSC upto 6th Stages.(Kolhapur, Amravati and Aurangabad)
3. SGT- Dayalkar Roshan Pradip Participated in Special NIC.(Dimapur- Nagaland)
4. SGT- More Dinanth Participated in Special NIC.(Bhuwneshwar)
5. CQMS- kasar Rohan Participated in Special NIC.(Bhuwneshwar)
6. CPL- Mohite Paresh Dnyaneswar Participated in Special NIC.(Mihar-Madhypradesh)
'B' Certificate Examination
|2013-2014 NCC 3 years Duration Course so no any Cadet Appeared for this Exam in 2014|
'C' Certificate Examination