Economics is the social science, which deals with behaviour of human being. Economics is the most developed science among the social sciences; therefore, Paul Samuelson has referred it as 'Queen of Social Sciences'. The scope and importance of Economics is enhancing day by day, especially after Globalization of world economy. Economics is the key subject not only in the Commerce faculty and Management faculty but the scope of Economics is increasing in the service sector namely Banking and Finance, Capital Market, Insurance etc. Economics subject is emerging as inter-disciplinary subject in other fields like Engineering Economics in the field of Engineering, Economics of Education in the field of Education and Economics of Fisheries in the science of Fisheries etc. The ultimate goal of economics is to improve the living conditions of people in their everyday life. Our institution has realized the importance and scope of the subject of Economics since the establishment of the institution in 1990. Therefore, the Department of Economics was established in 1990. At the beginning economics has been taught at 3 units,
Goals and Objectives• To make the students understand the basic concept of economics. • To create interest in the subject of Economics among the students in the Arts and commerce faculty. To make Economics subject more practical oriented through its application in industrials, Agriculture, Finance and banking and other related areas. • To organized field visits, surveys and to understand the basic theories of economics in practical world.
VisionOverall development of student personality to face into the challenging business environment through study of economics.
MissionTo make the student aware of economics responsive for changing environment and to accept the challenges of Privatization, liberalization, Globalization. To boost their confidence and mould their personality to become employment in the market competition.
FeaturesThe important features of Economics department are as follows:
1. The Department of Economics has 3 units as a principal subject at the third year at the Arts faculty.
2. The students can offer Economics for three units and can offer any other subject for three units.
3. Economics is the compulsory paper for every year in the commerce faculty.
4. The department, besides these, accept the responsibility of other papers like Population Studies, Co-operation, Trade Union and Industrial Relations and Foundation Course as the inter-disciplinary papers at the First, Second and Third years of Arts and Commerce faculty.
5. The Department has selected only those papers at the third year faculty of Arts, from the various optional given by the University of Mumbai, which have practical and professional approach and proved to be very helpful for the students in their future for higher studies and job oriented point of view. For example; Agriculture and co-operation: This paper provides practical knowledge and enhances creativity ability among the students …..
o S. Y. B. A. Economics-Applied Components SYBA III Microeconomics-I Microeconomics-II
o T. Y. B. A. (Click Here to Download Syllabus)
o F. Y. B. Com. (Click Here to Download Syllabus)
o S. Y. B. Com. (Click Here to Download Syllabus)
o T. Y. B. Com. Business Economics (Click Here to Download Syllabus)
o T. Y. B. Com. Trade Unionism & Industrial Relation (Click Here to Download Syllabus)
Arts Faculty Programme – Economics
|F.Y.B.A.||Paper-I (Sem. I,II)||Micro Economics|
|S.Y.B.A.||Paper-II (Sem.III, IV) PaperIII (Sem.III,IV) Applied Components (Sem.III, IV)||Micro Economics Indian Economy Demography|
|T.Y.B.A.||Paper-IV (Sem.V,VI) Paper-V (Sem.V,VI) Paper-VI (Sem.V,VI)||Advanced Economic Theory Growth and Development Agriculture and co-operation|
Commerce Faculty Programme – Economics
|F.Y.B.Com.||Paper-I (Sem. I,II)||Business Economics (Micro Economics)|
|S.Y.B. Com.||Paper-II(Sem.III, IV)||Business Economics (Micro Economics)|
|T.Y.B. Com.||Paper-III(Sem.V, VI) Applied Components (Sem. V,VI)||Business Economics Trade Unionism and Industrial Relations|
|Year||Name of Student||Rank||Photo|
|2010-11||DAVAL DEEPALI GANPAT||First|
|GOWALKAR RITESH GANGARAM||Second|
|KHOPKAR SANJAY GUNAJI||Third|
|2011-12||AINKAR NILIMA PARSHURAM||First|
|NIVALKAR SARIKA KRISHNA||Second|
|PATIL AMITA MANOHAR||Third|
|2012-13||BADIRAKE VAISHALI RAGHUNATH||First|
|KADAM SUPRIYA BHARGAV||Second|
|TAMBE SHALINI CHANDRAKANT||Third|
|2013-14||DHOTRE NISHALI HARISHCHANDRA||First|
|KATDARE RUPALI DATTATRAY||Second|
|MORE SANGITA BHARAT||Third||2014-15||MOHITE MUKESH RAGHUNATH||First|
|JADHAV SNEHAL VIJAY||Second|
|GURAV AMIT ASHOK||Third||2015-16||First|
|2016-17||CHAVAN ROHINI PRAMOD||First|
|GORE MANGESH RAGHUNATH||Second|
|SHINDE SUNNY RAVINDRA||Third|